I recently received my PhD from Virginia Tech studying the role of aneuploidy in cancer in the lab of Dr. Daniela Cimini. I'm interested in all things science publishing.
Science Publishing, Open Access, Neuroscience
Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Developmental Biology, Biophysics, Proteomics, Science Policy, Labor Economics.
- Future of Research Response to NIGMS Request for Information (RFI): Strategies for Modernizing Biomedical Graduate Education (NOT-GM-16-109)
- Making the scientific system more open and transparent
- Future of Research - How Can We Improve Career Awareness and Preparedness? A workshop at the NatureJobs Career Expo Boston 2015
Quantum Field Theory, Theoretical Physics
Brains, Neuroimaging, Health, Tech
As a medical doctor trained in genetics, I am interested in the involvement of telomere erosion in aging, cancer and evolution.
- Telomere-driven karyotypic and molecular convergence mimics the transmissibility of cancer in the Tasmanian devil
- A puzzling pattern of cell-cycle-duration inheritance: just an artefact of changing growth conditions in vitro?
- The reanalysis of three large datasets uncovers progressive telomere erosion between healthy human generations and supports an 11-year-old model of telomere-driven macroevolution
I also hold the title of Visiting Professor of Theoretical Medicine at the University of Buckingham, England. I graduated MBBS with honours from the Newcastle Medical School, took a doctorate (MD) at the Medical Research Council Neuroendocrinology group, and did postgraduate training in psychiat...(more)
- Deep science, creative science: Patient brooding versus evidence-reason-based techniques
- Seven year units in science: general lessons from the personal experience of working on adrenal cortex innervation and cortisol secretion
- Science is fundamentally self-regulated by the integrity of individual scientists: therefore young scientists must develop their personal qualities, as well as learning their subject
Protein engineering, molecular evolution, enzyme evolution, protein and enzyme promiscuity, biotechnology, enzymology, protein display